Business Benefits of DevOps to Growth-Stage Companies4 min read
In order to be best at what an organization can achieve, there are a ton of things which need to come to the fore. The higher the networking capability between the employees, the higher the efficiency would be of the apps and tools being used within the organization. For this reason, DevOps is the keyword being used regularly these days.
When one talks about DevOps, efficiency plays a pivotal role in the story of success making. Through DevOps, developers can invest in the opportunity to work more closely with operations, stakeholders and other teams who might be responsible for the day to day functioning of the various processes.
Here is a list of the benefits which a business can avail in the long run through the deployment of DevOps.
1. Faster, quicker deployment of new systems and apps: If your business has successfully launched DevOps, it’s getting ready for the next level of deployment. Through the right approaches, an organization can benefit by deploying their new systems in a more enhanced, efficient manner, while keeping the efficiency intact. This way, innovation and continual deployment become synonymous with each other, thereby making the deployment easier and quicker.
2. Agility is the key: Agility is needed to bring about transformation within a business. Through DevOps, even the big organizations can achieve scalability required in transforming their business more Agile. In other words, everyone wins.
3. DevOps translates into money: DevOps can help automate repetitive tasks without having to worry too much about errors. For example, regression and performance testing can bring about a small change in a rapid manner. Frequent backups and rollovers help in the development of a more robust and stable process. With such automation in place, an organization benefits by saving manual costs, which mean higher monetary savings.
4. Silos can no longer exist with DevOps: Innovation and silos are a thing of the past. These days, there is a lot more to innovation than what meets the eye. Since there was no link between developers and operations, innovation was carried out in seclusion, making things all the more elusive and secretive. However, as times have changed, so have the methods of performing innovation. With increased interaction levels between teams, which include developers and operations, there is a lot of exposure and transparency between teams, making it a useful collaboration. Exclusivity carried out by agile methodologies has given a new meaning to innovation, making things all the more advantageous for the members of the organizations. In a typical IT world, there can be different barriers, which need to be brought down with the right approach. By the introduction of DevOps, old linear processes can be demolished, while the newer more organized processes can be brought into force.
5. Faster development cycles for the organizations: DevOps rests on two main keywords, namely collaboration and communication. As soon as both these features are enhanced, there is an automatic improvement in the development cycles, making it into a success story it deserves to be.
6. Continuous service delivery: With a quicker turnaround of development cycles, codes are also released into the production cycles quickly. The gaps between requirement gathering and production are reduced significantly, causing a massive shift in the production cycles. Through such methodologies, production cycles are often synchronized with IT mechanisms to make them more streamlined and effective. For this purpose, an effective DevOps mechanism is often needed to create a robust method of efficiency.
7. Adieu defects: In an application production environment, defects are an app’s worst enemy. However, with the intervention of DevOps, defects become next to negligible, making it an instant solution for most problems. Through collaboration, modular programming and iterative development, defects are often minimized, making it a foolproof technique to handle defects. With digital transformation paving the path for minimizing defects, there are endless opportunities being pursued to reduce defects and enable efficiency within each and every organizational vertical.
With so many benefits being achieved through DevOps, there is no denying the fact that DevOps is the future of the production cycles. Given the right implementation, a lot can be achieved in a short span of time, making the production of apps more effective and foolproof.
Want to learn more or get a personalized advice on how your company can benefit out of DevOps? Schedule a call with me today here!